Beards aren’t trendy anymore
AUCKLAND: VMO, New Zealand’s #1 office tower advertising network has revealed interesting insights from last Thursday’s industry event, the Beacon Awards. During the event, VMO’s large format digital screen captured real-time data. Equipped with VMO’s proprietary audience measurement system DART (Digital outdoor Audience in Real Time), the screen measured and aggregated anonymous demographic data including, age, gender and mood throughout the evening. For VMO, it was the perfect opportunity to demonstrate the powerful capabilities of DART analytics and the multiple ways data is influencing content.
What did VMO discover about the movers and shakers of Kiwi adland?
- 38% percent of guests checked the table seating plan – the others most likely got lost on the way to their table!
- 46% of guests were male, while 54% were female.
- Happiness levels peaked in the middle of the night… our guess is champagne levels increased as well!
- Males were first to arrive (and the last to leave!), with females fashionably late.
- And beards… not so trendy anymore! Only 1.5% of guests sported a beard.
VMO’s presence continued into the night with their sponsorship of the “Best Use of Data” category, with MBM taking out the Gold Beacon with Serato’s ‘Propensity to DJ’. Gordon Frykberg, General Manager of VMO NZ added, “MBM demonstrated the powerful capabilities of data, it makes them a very worthy winner of the ‘Best Use of Data’ award. It’s exciting to see data becoming a key pillar in consumer engagement.”
VMO congratulates all award winners and finalists.